A holiday gift that makes your clients smarter
by Josh Bernoff
If you were thinking that your clients, customers, or staff deserve a nice gift this holiday to remind them how valuable you are, may I not-so-humbly suggest a signed copy of Groundswell? Feel free to skip the rest of this post if you find this too self-promotional; otherwise, read on . . .
At around $20 a copy Groundswell may well be the cheapest way to help people understand the power of these new technologies. I can't give you a discount on the books (the publisher won't let me) but I can add the power of my personalized message to your clients or employees. Here's how it works:
- This program is available to US addresses only.
- Send an email to Angie Polanco at apolanco (at) forrester.com. Angie is a research associate on my team and will be coordinating this program. Copy me at jbernoff at the same domain.
- Tell Angie how many copies you will be sending; minimum 10 copies. While you are responsible for getting the copies to us, we will ship them back to you free of charge for the first 100 copies of Groundswell about which we receive emails. Angie also needs your contact information including street address, phone number, and email.
- Angie will tell you if your order is in the first 100 copies. If it is, we will send them back to you for free (ground shipping). If it is not, we'll still sign the copies but you need to pay the shipping costs back. Be prepared to share your FedEx account number with us for this purpose. If you want the books back more quickly you can pay for faster shipping.
- Also tell us a short (140 characters?) message you'd like me to write above my signature. We'll reject anything too long or salesy; this is not an endorsement, and remember it's direct from me. Might I suggest something like "A few powerful marketing ideas can go a long way," for example.
- Go to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, 800 CEO READ, or your favorite online book retailer and send the books to this address: Angie Polanco, Forrester Research, 400 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139. Telephone contact number 617 613 6000. Books must arrive by 15 December for this promotion.
- When the books arrive, I will add your message and sign them. Angie will return them with your selected shipping method within two business days.
Groundswell has already reached tens of thousands, but I'm hoping this promotion will allow us to reach an even broader mass of businesspeople with the groundswell message. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.