Upcoming Forrester boot camps – Social Marketing & Search Marketing
By Charlene Li
I’ll be leading two upcoming boot camps, one just next week (social marketing) and the other at the end of October (search marketing). This is a highly interactive day, packed with hands-on exercises and plenty of give and take between attendees. You won’t be subjected to mind numbing, four-person panels like those you find at some conferences. Instead, you’ll learn just as much from each other as you will from the structured presentations. I’ve included a few brief highlights for each of the two boot camps.
Thursday, October 13th, San Francisco, CA
This boot camp will cover how companies can use tools like blogs, viral marketing, RSS, and podcasting to connect with their customers. Some of the questions we’ll be addressing include:
- How can I build a case for these new social marketing techniques within my organization?
- What are the best practices in the implementation of these technologies?
- What new technologies should marketers also consider – or stay away from?
- How can marketers tie these technologies together and more importantly, preserve and protect intellectual property on hosted services?
Here’s a quick overview of the topics we’ll be discussing – more information is available on the Forrester web site.
-Introduction To Social Media and Marketing
-Planning And Creating A Blog
-RSS: Going Beyond Being An Email Alternative
-Creating A Social Marketing Plan
-Panel: Social Marketing Pioneers
Deborah Eastman, Biz360
Rick Klau, FeedBurner
Mark Carlson, SimpleFeed
Anil Dash, Six Apart
Thursday, October 27th, New York, NY
We’ll be covering the basics, but very quickly, we’ll be digging into the best practices in site optimization, paid search, and selecting a search marketing agency. This boot camp will feature:
- In-depth sessions about critical topics like search engine use, keyword advertising, search engine optimization, search marketing's role in the marketing mix, and evaluating search marketing providers.
- Hands-on exercises to help participants monitor their and competitors' site visibility and evaluate their paid listings.
- An interactive panel discussion with senior executives from leading search engines and search marketing providers.
- The opportunity to share, learn from, and network with other attendees and Forrester analysts. This includes a wine and cheese reception after the Boot Camp with Forrester Consulting Analyst Shar VanBoskirk and Principal Analyst Charlene Li.
We’ll also have a panel featuring the following people (more panelists will be added):
Richard Hagerty, IMPAQT
Patricia Neuray, Yahoo!